Monday, October 1, 2018
Wondering what you should pack when you are heading to the hospital? Norman Regional’s nurses and physicians give guidance on what new parents should put in their bags when heading to the hospital for the delivery of their baby!
- Pre-registration papers. Please also bring any paperwork given to you at your OB’s office. You can pre-register online by clicking here!
- Birth plan. If you have a written birth plan, please bring it and share it with our team.
- Comfortable clothes. An open-front robe or zip-up hoodie are great options that also are breast-feeding friendly.
- A few pairs of maternity underwear
- Slipper socks. A pair of comfortable socks with gripper bottoms will keep your feet warm and grounded!
- Toiletries. Pack your favorite shampoo, soap, face wash, lip balm or makeup. Don’t forget a ponytail holder as well.
- Glasses or contact lenses
- Cell phone and charger
- Going home outfit and comfy shoes
- Car seat. Our nurses agree this is the most important item on the list! Your baby must have a car seat to go home.
- Going home outfit for baby
- Blanket for baby
- Baby book. Our team can help you get cute baby foot and hand prints!
- Your Norman Regional milestone stickers! Norman Regional is offering new parents milestone stickers including one for his or her birthday. Click here to claim your milestone stickers. (link to 5 reasons to deliver at the HealthPlex landing page)
For Your Partner or Visitors
- Change or bills for the vending machine. The HealthPlex also has a cafeteria and coffee shop with great food options for dad, family and friends.
- Camera. For snapping memories of the little one’s welcome to the world.
What Not to Bring
Some Pinterest packing lists tell new parents to bring diapers and wipes, but rest assured the Norman Regional HealthPlex will provide your baby diapers and wipes while they are in our care. For mom we also have towels, after labor care products such as pads, and the famous mesh underwear!