When a Heart Attack Happens, Minutes Matter.
At Norman Regional Hospital, we make sure you get the most effective treatment as soon as possible. We also provide preventive heart care such as heart scans — research shows that 85 percent of sudden heart attacks could be prevented through early diagnosis and treatment.
The Chest Pain Center at the HealthPlex Heart Hospital is the first in the Oklahoma City metro area to be nationally accredited by the American College of Cardiology. Our services include state-of-the-art catheterization labs, available 24/7.
Next to the HealthPlex is the Heart Plaza and the clinic offices of Norman Heart and Vascular Associates, whose Women’s Heart Program features an all-female team.
HealthPlex Heart Hospital Services
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Valve repair and replacement
- Diagnostic and interventional heart catheterizations
- Pacemakers and implantable cardiac defibrillators
- Structural heart defect closures
- Arteriovenous (AV) fistula embolization
- Peripheral diagnostics and interventions
- Aorta femoral runoffs
- Carotid stenting
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm repair
- Femoral popliteal (Fem-Pop) bypass
- Difficult revascularization cases
- Abdominal aneurysm repair with endograft and renal and mesenteric imaging and interventions
- Cardiac calcium scoring
- Basic treadmill and thallium stress testing
- Transesophageal echocardiogram
- Transthoracic echocardiogram
- Stress echocardiogram
- 3-D CT imaging
Heart Plaza at Norman Heart and Vascular Services
- Cardiology and cardiovascular surgery physician offices
- Outpatient diagnostic services such as ultrasound, nuclear medicine scans and stress EKGs
- Anticoagulation clinic
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation workout area
- The Oklahoma Wound Center
- Venous mapping
If you have risk factors for cardiovascular disease, you could benefit from a heart scan offered at the HealthPlex or the Norman Regional PET/CT Center. Cardiac scoring is the best noninvasive test for determining your likelihood of developing heart disease by checking for calcium buildup in your blood vessels – at least 10 times more powerful a predictor of coronary artery disease episodes than cholesterol screening.
The test takes about 10 minutes and only costs $35 — and you don’t need a referral.
Risk factors for heart disease include:
- Over age 35 for men and 40 for women
- Family history of heart disease
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Tobacco use
- Excessive stress
- Sedentary lifestyle